Saturday, February 4, 2012

Window Phone 8 and data encryption?

I am a happy user of my Samsung Omni 7, especially after the Mango update and Spotify got available. It is actually the smart phone I have had for the longest period (about 18 months, and no immediate plan to replace it). It's robust and stabile.

But basically a phone is just a tool to communicate, and I have never been that interested in phones as long as I can call and have descent Exchange functionality. But, as things comes together it looks like the new Windows Phone 8 will run Windows 8 core and have cool features like Bitlocker.




It will have System Center integration, do we smell a Endpoint Protection Client?, Direct Access?For deployment people we actually need to start considering phone with its OS and applications as a part of our domain, like it or not. I think it could be cool, it will raise a lot of new responsibilities and challenges, but that’s what we are here for isn’t it. By the way, I might consider replacing my Samsung with a Nokia Lumia 800 J
Paul Thurrott have covered lots of cool rumors as his site here

MVP Dagen nærmer seg (Norwegian post)

Da er det bare en uke til MVP dagen  hvor 10 fantastiske Norske MVP'er og meg skal ha en dag fult av praktiskte foredrag på norsk med...