Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Windows phone reboots on Telenor network


Normally I am happy with my Windows phone. I have the Nokia 920, and have been using it for almost a year. But for the 3-4 months it have restarted itself every now and then, lately it have done this several times each day. After my trip to New Orleans, I discovered that it did not restart at all, but it only used 3G instead off 4G. Arriving back in Norway the phone began to restart again. I changed the setting too only use 3G and now it is stabile again.

After talking to a friend with right connections about this, he could confirm that there is a bug at Telenor that causes this to happen when using 4G. There will be a fix for this, hopefully soon, but for now, I just use the 3G. Slower but better than a restarting phone.
The problem is not related to Nokia phones, so I have seen this problem on other phones too.

MVP Dagen nærmer seg (Norwegian post)

Da er det bare en uke til MVP dagen  hvor 10 fantastiske Norske MVP'er og meg skal ha en dag fult av praktiskte foredrag på norsk med...